3.08.2006

...Introducing my sous-chef...



Bird used to enjoy hanging out on my shoulder when I cooked.
Now she prefers listening to albums or eating snacks.
I still consider her my main sous-chef, though, as she's cooked many a dish with me.

Bird is almost three and a half.
I found her in a pet store on a cold November day.
She was hanging upside down from her cage - squawking like mad - while her brothers and sisters just kind of chilled.
I found myself standing on the street hailing a cab with a parakeet, cage and bag of birdseed in my arms, thirty minutes later.

Bird's favorite albums: "The Blueprint" and "Talkie Walkie"
Bird's favorite snacks: arugula, spinach and homemade honey glazed apple peel
Bird's favorite dance: the side shuffle, followed by the hustle or electric slide - depending on where you're from in the good ol' U.S. of A.